Apply to become an Elected Artist: Elected Artists are artists whose works range from contemporary to traditional in subject and from emerging to nationally recognized in experience. You’ll see these artists in museums, galleries and collections across the country and abroad, and in our artist-member catalogs.
Elected Artist status is granted on an annual basis through a juried selection process. Our panel of five jurors, comprising three Elected Artists and two external jurors, will be evaluating submissions using the following criteria:
- A submission that demonstrates a distinctive / original body of work, such as themes, techniques, and materials, presentation and style as well as intangible criteria such as intentions and expressions.
- The highest level of technical ability demonstrating skill, craft, technique and use of presentation of the artwork, utilizing line, shape, form, color, composition and design.
- A cohesive body of work that depicts and communicates the aims and objectives set out in the statement of intent, communicates an individual’s vision and understanding which might explore one approach, concept, idea, topic, subject matter, theme, or philosophy that demonstrates conceptual strength and generates multi-layered meanings.
- A statement of intent that defines the purpose of the work, identifying its aims and objectives.
- Work that is commensurate with work of our current Elected Artists.
Some successful submission entries for Elected Artist membership are HERE
To assist with applications, find Jurors’ commentary on prior year submissions HERE
Full jury criteria can be found HERE
An applicant is not required to have formal art training, and we encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply for Elected Artist membership. As members of a volunteer organization, Elected Artists are expected to contribute time and energy to ALRI’s mission.
Elected Artist member dues are set out HERE, and Elected Artist member benefits HERE
Click HERE for the 2021 Elected Artist Application Form.
PLEASE NOTE: You may need to download the PDF to complete it. Most browsers will not support filling it out then saving it online. Download it, (Safari – Right click, select Download Linked File As – then select where to save on your hard drive or Firefox, Chrome, Edge – Right click, select Save Link As – then select where to save on your hard drive), open in Adobe Reader or another pdf reader program, fill out and Save As to your hard drive. Then either print and scan or email as an attachment per the details in the Application Form.
The Deadline for Elected Artist Applications has closed.
Send any questions regarding the application process to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (401) 861-0500.